“Always inspirational. ”
H. Goss, 2015, Novel in a Year.
“Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt an incredible amount. I would definitely do another.”F. Wood, Nov '16, Fiction Writing.
“Jackie's teaching is inspirational and progressive.”C. J Walker, Nov '16, Short Story Writing.
“Everyone felt so comfortable with Jackie which made them keen to give feedback [ ] always positive and I could really see ways of improving.”C. Richardson,
Sept '16, Novel in a Year.
Aimed at writers who have the first draft (or much of the first draft) of a novel written and would like the structure and camaraderie of monthly, tutor-led group feedback, brainstorming and motivation.
1. Short catch up/ problem solving/ moral support of the highs and not so highs of each student's writing over the past four weeks
2. Detailed tutor-led group feedback on 1st and 2nd writer's extract
3. Short break for refreshments (this cuppa is on me)*
4. Detailed tutor-led group feedback on 3rd and 4th writer's extract
5. Short speed writing exercise - for fun and to ensure all writers leave the session bursting with creativity and enthusiasm to pick up where they left off, as soon as is humanly possible.
Class size is small: max four people, so please enquire early if you're interested. For further information:
Location: Zinc, Harrogate
Duration: three hours; morning (10-1pm) and afternoon (2-5pm) sessions
First Class: Thursday 17 October 2019.
Cost: course of three sessions = £70
* inexpensive, quality drinks and snacks available to purchase from Zinc